Honourable Mentions (in alphabetical order):
Animal Kingdom, Certified Copy, Eccentricities of a Blond Hair Girl, Exit through the Gift Shop, Four Lions, The Ghost Writer, Inception, The Kids Are All Right
11. Black Swan (Dir. Darren Aronofsky, U.S.)
10. The Hunter (Dir. Rafi Pitts; Iran, Germany)
9. Incendies (Denis Villeneuve, Canada)
8. Everyone Else (Dir. Maren Ade, Germany)
7. Toy Story 3 (Dir. Lee Unkrich, U.S.)
6. The Fighter (Dir. David O. Russell, U.S.)
5. White Material (Dir. Claire Denis; France, Cameroon)
4. Carlos (Dir. Olivier Assayas; France, Germany)
3. The Social Network (Dir. David Fincher, U.S.)
2. The Illusionist (Dir. Sylvain Chomet; France, UK)
Fantastic picks. Dogtooth will probably find a spot on my list though not as high – just a bit too freaky for me to adore it. 😉 I can't believe I still haven't seen “The Illusionist” and I'm really looking forward to watching “Incendies”.
Great list, I'll have to catch some of those titles. I really admired Dogtooth as well. I saw it a month ago and my mind still goes back to it.